Monday, December 15, 2008

Notes to Self - Footloose and Fancy Free

Today I awoke refreshed. It's worth noting because I go for long periods with lack of sleep and I am a mess when that happens.



I'm particularly pleased with myself because I got through all, and I mean ALL, of my emails. I have visited some sites.



Divine Caroline dot com - an article writing platform - free to register



Payloadz dot com - automated service which will download your written materials, like PDF instructions and booklets, to people registering for it. They distribute your wares. They collect the money. They deposit the funds to your bank account. They leave you free to write some more neat things for Payloadz dot com to advertise.



Vittoria Banks dot com - She has some really lovely bits for sale here and at Etsy.com/VittoriaBanks



Creations by JAE dot Etsy dot com - This lady makes some fine jewellery and is so supportive of the hand work of other crafts artists. She is ever willing to assist where she can at the eSMArts Guild and at their store.



I signed up for StumbleUpon and glanced at Reddit. Somehow, and really I should explore this, I had a good feeling about StumbleUpon that just wasn't there at Reddit. I guess that's why I signed up for one ~ FREE ~ and not the other.



Twitter seems to be popular but I haven't figured out how to use it. But I did a lot today and I'm willing to leave the Twitter lesson for later.



Then I made a mistake: I read several of Rena Klingenberg's newsletters ~ I had been stacking them to read on a rainy day. Well, today wasn't rainy but I did see a couple of fluffy snowflakes. Rena always has interesting stuff on her sites and she allows other jewellers to tell their stories and share their discoveries. Rena is really a must on your research list. There were stories from a bunch of my forum buddies at the eSMArts Guild and I added my small bit to some of the articles.



Now, am I 'on' or not!! It dawned on me that my adding my comments to somebody else's article is getting me 'out there' and helping to build my reputation as a knowledgeable crafts artist. And getting a good reputation is part of the social networking battle, isn't it? Well? Don't you think that was a profound insight?



I was also reminded that I am not the only one in the world with difficulties to face every day. Thank God I'm not the only one!! It's nice to know you are in good company!



The only thing I made today is dinner. I got my banking done. I cleaned out one of my inboxes ~ the biggest one. I was footloose and fancy free and allowed my rambling to take me whither it willed.



It's been a big day. A full day. I've been here for more than 12 hours. I think I've done enough for one day. Don't you?



Good night sweet reader. May the Dream Faery send you comforting dreams. And may you waken refreshed.

Well, that's what I am hoping for.

Helene ~ Glass0Beads.etsy.com

2 comments:

  1. Doesn't it feel great to get caught up on things, even if it is many small ones? And Rena Klingenberg's site is great! Like your blog! Teri http://www.sandtcreations.com/wordpress

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the mention of my site! You're a fantastic woman! I LOVE Rena and her newsletter, I've emailed her a couple times over things and she always responds personally. What a great woman she is too! :)

    Jamie
    Creations by JAE
    http://creationsbyjae.etsy.com
    http://creationsbyjae.blogspot.com
    http://www.creationsbyjae.com

    ReplyDelete